- Start the ISA Server Management tool.
- Expand ServerName where ServerName is the name of your ISA Server computer.
- Click Firewall Policy, click the Tasks tab, and then click Create New Access Rule.
Note In ISA Server 2006, click Create Access Rule.
- In the Access rule name box, type a descriptive name for the firewall rule, and then click Next.
- Click Allow, and then click Next.
- In the This rule applies to list, click Selected protocols, and then click Add.
- Expand VPN and IPSec, click PPTP, click Add, click Close, and then click Next.
- Click Add, expand Networks, click Internal, click Add, click Close, and then click Next.
- Click Add, and then do one of the following:
- To permit PPTP traffic to all external destinations, expand Networks, click External, click Add, and then click Close.
- To permit PPTP traffic to a particular VPN server:
- Click New, and then click Computer.
- In the Name box, type a descriptive name for this computer, type the computer's IP address in the Computer IP Address box, and then click OK.
- Click the new computer that you created, click Add, and then click Close.
- Click Next, and then do one of the following:
- To permit all users access to the remote VPN server, leave the All Users user set in the This rule applies to requests from the following user sets box, and then click Next.
- To permit only certain users to access the remote VPN server:
- Click All Users, and then click Remove.
- Click Add, and then click New.
- Follow the steps in the New User Set Wizard to create a user set that contains the users who you want to permit access to the VPN server.
- In the Add Users dialog box, click the user set that you want to permit access to the VPN server, click Add, click Close, and then click Next.
- Review the access rule configuration, and then click Finish.
- Click Apply to update the firewall policy, and then click OK.
If you have configured a firewall rule that permits all protocols to access the external network, PPTP traffic is also permitted. This is different from ISA Server 2000 where you must explicitly configure the PPTP pass through option in the ISA Management tool. In this scenario, to block outgoing PPTP traffic in ISA Server 2006 or in ISA Server 2004, create an access rule to deny PPTP traffic to the external destination or destinations.
ID do Artigo: 838245 - Última Revisão: 7 de nov de 2008 - Revisão: 1