How to obtain the service packThis problem is corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package that is dated November 10, 2005. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Fix it for meTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note if you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To implement this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Quit Word 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UpdateHeaderFooter, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click UpdateHeaderFooter, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this article. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
ID do Artigo: 875514 - Última Revisão: 9 de out de 2011 - Revisão: 1