- You are logged on to your computer with administrative permissions.
- You are debugging a Web application in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET.
- The operating system that you are using is Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
- The Microsoft ASP.NET worker process account is not a member of the Administrators group.
- Click Start, point to
Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Local Security Policy.
- Expand Security Setting, expand
Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
- In the Policy pane, right-click
Impersonate a client after authentication, and then click
- Click Add User or Group.
- Add the worker process account that is configured in the processModel element in the Machine.config file.
- Click OK two times.
- Click Start, click Run, type iisreset, and then click
- At a command prompt, type the following command to refresh policies on the computer:gpupdate /force
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Open the Machine.config file. Locate the processModel element.
- Replace the username attribute and the password attribute as a non-administrative user.
- Restart Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Log off your computer. Log on your computer so that you have administrative permissions.
- Start Visual Studio .NET.
- Create a new Web application.
When you try to debug the Web application, you may receive the following error message:Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Access is denied.
ID do Artigo: 894433 - Última Revisão: 24 de mar de 2009 - Revisão: 1