For more information about Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesNo prerequisites are required to install this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
14-Jul-2005 12:24 5.0.2195.7059 74,384 Scsiport.sys
Hotfix replacement informationAfter you experience the problem that is mentioned in this article, Windows no longer starts. Therefore, to install this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Start the Windows Recovery Console. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the computer by using the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks or by using the Windows 2000 CD.
- At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to repair a Windows installation.
- Press C to start the Windows Recovery Console.
- Type the number that corresponds to the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER.
- Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.
Note If you do not have an administrator password, just press ENTER.
- Rename the Scsiport.sys file to Scsiport.sys.old. This file is located in the %windir%\System32\Drivers folder.
- Copy the Scsiport.sys file from Windows 2000 SP4 to the %windir%\System32\Drivers folder. For information about how to extract service pack files, see the Readme document (ReadMeSP.htm) for Windows 2000 SP4.
- Quit the Windows Recovery Console, and then start the computer.
- Install the hotfix package that is mentioned in this article.
- When you are prompted, restart the computer.
ID do Artigo: 904374 - Última Revisão: 9 de out de 2011 - Revisão: 1