- You work on a Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS) cluster that is running Windows Server 2003.
- One of the virtual groups in this cluster owns more than two virtual Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
When this scenario occurs, multiple error messages that are similar to the following are logged in the System log: Note The number of error messages that are logged in the System log depends on the number of IP addresses that are declared on the virtual group.
In this scenario, time synchronization succeeds. You can safely ignore the "W32Time Event ID 29" error.
If W32Time is currently working in NT5DS mode, changing the type to Network Time Protocol (NTP) may resolve the issue. To change the server type to NTP, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters\
- In the right pane, right-click Type, and then click Modify.
- In the Edit Value box, type NTP under Value data, and then click OK.
ID do Artigo: 914043 - Última Revisão: 13 de jan de 2009 - Revisão: 1