Note The message icon is a left-pointing blue or purple arrow that is located at the top of an open envelope in the Inbox message list. The InfoBar is located near the top of the e-mail message. The InfoBar contains text that is similar to the following:
- Multiple users access the same e-mail message in a mailbox.
- A single user accesses the same e-mail message from more than one computer.
- A third-party program modifies the e-mail message. Examples of third-party programs that can modify e-mail messages include synchronizing programs for handheld computers, message archiving software, and antivirus programs.
- Configure Outlook 2003 to run in Cached Exchange Mode. To turn on Cached Exchange Mode, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click E-Mail Accounts, click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- In the Outlook processes e-mail for these accounts in the following order list, click the Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account, and then click Change.
- Under Microsoft Exchange Server, click to select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- Exit, and then restart Outlook 2003.
- If you use a third-party program that may be causing this issue, let the third-part program retrieve the e-mail message before you open it. To do this, wait for several minutes before you open the e-mail message after you start Outlook 2003. The interval of time that you wait varies depending on your computer and on your configuration.
ID do Artigo: 917901 - Última Revisão: 8 de mai de 2006 - Revisão: 1