To disable the Compatibility Checker, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Disable the "Check compatibility when saving in PowerPoint 98-2003 formats" commandTo disable the Compatibility Checker feature for a single client computer, follow these steps:
- Create a presentation that uses WordArt Styles for some of the text.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
- Save the file in the PowerPoint 97-2003 file format.
- In the Compatibility Checker, click to clear the Check compatibility when saving in PowerPoint 98-2003 formats check box, and then click Continue.
Method 2: Create the ShowCompatDialog registry DWORD valueWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To create the ShowCompatDialog registry DWORD value, follow these steps:
- Exit PowerPoint 2007.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\Options
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ShowCompatDialog, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ShowCompatDialog, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Method 3: Use the Office Customization Tool (OCT)As an administrator, you can use the Office Customization Tool (OCT) to create a Setup customization file (.msp). This Setup customization file modifies the Microsoft Office installation when you deploy PowerPoint 2007.
To disable the Compatibility Checker when you deploy PowerPoint 2007 for many users, use the OTC to add the following DWORD registry entry that has a value of 0:
ID do Artigo: 929355 - Última Revisão: 12 de set de 2011 - Revisão: 1