- A local Windows Installer (MSI) installation for Microsoft Lync 2010 will not complete, and the following warning is displayed in the Microsoft Lync 2010 Setup dialog box:
- The Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Software Installation Group Policy setting for MSI deployment methods will not complete when Lync.msi is deployed to supported Windows clients.
- The Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (Configuration Manager) 2007 R2 automated deployments of the Lync.msi may not complete, or errors that are specific to the SMS environment or to the Configuration Manager environment may occur.
Note The initial installation of Lync 2010 on a supported Windows client creates the Lync.msi file in the following locations:
- %program files%\OCSetup
- %program files(x86)%\OCSetup
Use the Lync 2010 UseMSIForLyncInstallation Group Policy setting to enable or block MSI deployments for Lync.msi as follows:
Range: 1 or 0
To have us enable MSI deployments for Lync.msi, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. If you prefer to enable MSI deployments for Lync.msi yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Here's an easy fixTo enable MSI deployments for Lync.msi automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50872
To enable MSI deployments for Lync.msi, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseMSIForLyncInstallation, and then press ENTER to name the registry entry.
- Right-click UseMSIForLyncInstallation, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1 if that value is not already displayed, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the Windows client.
C:\Lync2010\>msiexec /i C:\Lync2010\Lync.msi OCSETUPDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync"
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
For detailed information about how to automate the Lync 2010 deployment methods, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
ID do Artigo: 2477965 - Última Revisão: 25/09/2015 - Revisão: 1