- When a service is first discovered on the network, an icon is displayed in the system tray to indicate that it is available. The icon also has a Balloon Help feature to inform you that a new Universal Plug and Play device has been added. This icon can be dismissed with a click of the mouse, or a shortcut can be created on the desktop.
- All Universal Plug and Plug devices currently on the network are listed in the My Network Places folder. If you open a device from My Network Places, it takes you to the Web user interface (UI) for the device.
- Shortcuts to Universal Plug and Plug devices on the network can be created on the desktop using either the Universal Plug and Plug system tray notification icon, or the My Network Places folder.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Windows Setup.
- Click Communications.
- Click Details.
- Click to select the Universal Plug and Play check box.
- Click OK, click OK, and then enable Windows to install the component.
For additional information about the Universal Plug and Play feature, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID do Artigo: 276507 - Última Revisão: 19/06/2014 - Revisão: 1