IN THIS TASKIMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Move the Certificate Server Database and Log FilesWARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Use these steps to change the location of the certificate server database and log files:
- Stop the Certificate Services service.
- Copy the database files and log files to new location. The default database path is:%SystemRoot%\System32\CertLog
- Modify the database paths in the following registry entries to reflect the new path:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CertSvc\Configuration\DBDirectory
- Start the Certificate Services service.
- Check the Application event log for CertSvc event 26 to verify that the Certificate Services service started successfully.
Note that you may need to edit the NTFS permissions to grant Full Control permissions to the System account. By default, the System account and the Administrators and Enterprise Administrators groups have Full Control access for the CertLog folder.
ID do Artigo: 283193 - Última Revisão: 15/11/2007 - Revisão: 1