To enable or disable Sway at a per-user level, follow the steps in the "Enable or disable Sway at a per-user level" section.
Note It may take some time before the new Sway service plan is associated with new and existing Office 365 users.
Organizations that want to force the association of the new Sway service plan to users in their organization should follow the steps that are outlined in the "Workaround" section.
Enable or disable Sway at a per-user levelTo enable or disable Sway for a specific user in an organization, follow these steps:
- In the Office 365 admin center, browse to Users, and then click Active Users.
- On the Active Users list, select a user.
- Under Assign licenses, click Edit.
- Expand the appropriate license that contains the Sway service plan.
Note To view the list of supported licenses for Office 365 Sway, go to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:3080969 Available licenses for Office 365 Sway
- Disable the Sway service plan by unchecking the check box that's associated with Sway. Or, enable the Sway service plan by selecting the check box that's associated with Sway.
To enable or disable Sway for one or more users in an organization or for all users in the whole organization, use the necessary Windows PowerShell scripts that are described at the following Microsoft website:
- In the Office 365 admin center, browse to Billing, and then click Subscriptions.
- Under the Active section, switch the slider for Auto Renew to Off, and then switch it to On.
Note By toggling the Auto Renew setting from Off to On, you trigger the tenant-level update that manually associates the new Sway service plan for users.
- Browse to Assign licenses. You should see that Sway is enabled. This confirms that the new Sway service plan is associated with Office 365 users.
Note For more information about how to assign licenses for Office 365, go to the following Microsoft website:
- After the Sway service plan is associated with an organization’s users, you can enable or disable Sway at a per-user level. To do this, follow the steps in the “Enable or disable Sway at a per-user level” section.
ID do Artigo: 3075256 - Última Revisão: 29/12/2016 - Revisão: 1