This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 13 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. There are two updates available for Virtual Machine Manager, one for the Virtual Machine Manager server and one for the Administrator Console. This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
- Fabric Administrators (Delegated Administrators) cannot modify properties of a virtual machine (VM) that is created by a Windows Azure Pack user.
- Inter-cluster/Intra-cluster live migration causes long network downtimes.
- HNV policies are not updated on VMs that are moved through Failover Cluster Manager (FCM).
- Cannot connect a VM to a VLAN-based Independent networks from the VMM UI.
- When the test VM is deleted from ASR or VMM after successful verification of test failover for Hyper-V replication, this causes the deletion of other replicated data/files (that are not related to the VM under test). For ASR, this results in critical state indication for the other replicated VMs.
- Snapshot deletion and restore does not delete VHDs, even if they do not have any dependencies.
- A VM is displayed as critical in System Center Operations Manager if the WinRM version is greater than 10.
- When a HNV VM is migrated to a host that is in legacy mode, HNV policies are not updated, which causes the VM to lose connectivity.
Note Because updates for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager are cumulative, this update includes all the improvements and fixes that are included in the previous cumulative update. For more information, see Update Rollup 12 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
Update packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package and then click Ok.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following websites to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Download Center:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To manually install the update packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /update packagename
For example, to install the Update Rollup 13 package for a System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Server (KB4014525), run the following command:
msiexec.exe /update kb4014525_vmmserver_amd64.msp
- Performing an update to Update Rollup 13 on the VMM server requires installing the VMM Console and Server updates. For more details, see the following topic on the Microsoft TechNet website:
- After you install the Console and Server updates, run the Agent Update on all the Hosts. For more details, see the following topic on TechNet website:
After the installation
To fix the "Another machine with the same SMBIOS GUID is found" warning on your existing Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) clusters, remove the providers, and then add them back. After the providers are added, update those providers.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
ID do Artigo: 4014525 - Última Revisão: 29/06/2017 - Revisão: 29