To print a range of pages across sections, use the following syntax in the Pages box:
To print a page or a range of pages in Word, follow these steps:
- Scroll to the page where you want to start to print, and then click anywhere in the margins. Note the page number and section number as shown in the status bar.
- Scroll to the last page that you want to include in the print selection, and then click anywhere in the margins. Note the page number and section number as shown in the status bar.
- In Word 2013, Word 2010 and in Word 2003, click Print on the File menu. In Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Print.
- In Word 2013 and 2010, type the range of pages that you want to print in the Pages box in the Settings area. In Word 2007 and in Word 2003, click to select the Pages option in the Page range area, and then type the range of pages that you want to print in the box.
Note When you type the range of pages, use the syntax p#s#-p#s#. For example, to print page 5 of section 3 through page 2 of section 4, type p5s3-p2s4. To print nonadjacent pages or nonadjacent sections, use a comma (,) to separate the page and section numbers when you type them. For example, to print sections 3 and 5 (but not section 4), type s3,s5. To print pages 2 through 5 of section 3 and pages 1 through 4 of section 5, type
- Click OK to print the range.
Note Printing pages in relation to their section depends on how the numbering is formatted. If the numbering in the document is set as continuous, referencing page 1 of a particular section most likely does not result in anything being printed. This occurs because, when the numbering is formatted as continuous, the page numbers in all sections except the first do not start with page 1. In this case, the page would have to be referenced according to its overall position in the documents page collection.
For example, in a document that is formatted as follows, here is what the pages would be for both restart and continuous numbering:
Section 1 : 4 pages
Section 2 : 4 pages
|S1P1||S1P1 or P1|
|S1P2||S1P2 or P2|
|S1P3||S1P3 or P3|
|S1P4||S1P4 or P4|
|S2P1||S2P5 or P5|
|S2P2||S2P6 or P6|
ID do Artigo: 826218 - Última Revisão: 02/01/2013 - Revisão: 1