This article describes how to set the drive letter for the system drive when you install Windows Server 2003.
- Method 1: If you want to install Windows Server 2003 on drive C, and you do not have any valuable data on other drives, delete all drives other than the one where you want to install Windows. You can delete the drives during the installation process.
- Method 2: Install Windows Server 2003 twice. To do so, follow these steps:
- Install Windows Server 2003 to a partition other than the one that you want to use for the final installation.
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
- Click Disk Management, right-click the drive that you want to assign a different letter to, and then click
Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click Change, and then in the
Assign the following drive letter list, click the drive letter that you want. Click OK two times.
- Run the installer to install Windows on the appropriate partition. When you run the Winnt32.exe installer, all existing drive letters are preserved.
ID do Artigo: 830577 - Última Revisão: 04/01/2008 - Revisão: 1