Method 1To quickly install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, use the DevCon utility at a command prompt. To download and to run the DevCon utility, follow these steps:
- Download the DevCon compressed file, and then extract the files:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Save the Devcon.exe file to a folder on your computer, and then open the folder.
- Double-click Devcon.exe. A WinZip Self-Extractor dialog box appears.
- In the Unzip to path box, type the folder where you want to unzip the files, and then click Unzip.
- Click OK, and then Close to complete the unzip process.
- Install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter:
- At a command prompt, change directory to the folder where you extracted the DevCon files.
- Change directory to the i386 folder.
- Type devcon.exe install %windir%\inf\netloop.inf *msloop, and then press ENTER. You see output that is similar to the following:
- Close the command prompt.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Network Connections to verify that the Microsoft Loopback Adapter has been installed.
Method 2To install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter by using the Hardware Wizard, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, double-click Add Hardware, and then click
- Click Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then click
- At the bottom of the Installed hardware list, click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next.
- Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, and then click Next
- In the Common hardware types list, click Network adapters, and then click Next.
- In the Manufacturers list box, click Microsoft.
- In the Network Adapter list box, click Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and then click Next.
- Click Next to start installing the drivers for your hardware.
- Click Finish.
- Click Start, click Settings, and then click Network Connections to verify that the Microsoft Loopback Adapter has been installed.
ID do Artigo: 842561 - Última Revisão: 04/01/2008 - Revisão: 1