System requirementsThe following hardware and software are required to use Windows Media Connect:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition SP2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01, Netscape Navigator 4.7, or a later version of either browser
Note An Internet browser is required to view the Help files.
- A 233-megahertz (MHz) processor, such as an Intel Pentium II or an Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processor
Note A 1-gigahertz (GHz) processor or a faster processor is recommended for optimum support of Windows Media digital rights management (DRM) content.
- 64 megabytes (MB) of Random Access Memory (RAM).
Note 128 MB of RAM is recommended.
- 80 MB of available hard disk space
Note Approximately 300 MB is recommended to use the System Restore feature.
- An Ethernet (802.3) or Wi-Fi (802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g) network adaptor
New featuresWindows Media Connect 2.0 offers the following improvements over Windows Media Connect 1.0:
- Improved performance
- Expanded device support
- Streamlined device configuration
- Fewer network requirements
- Fewer software requirements
- Support for Universal Naming Convention (UNC) locations
- Support for removable storage locations
- Support for the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) file format
- Improved browsing on devices
- Better integration with Windows Firewall
- Streamlined user interface
Download Windows Media Connect 2.0
To download Windows Media Connect 2.0 or for more information about the product, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
RemovalTo remove Windows Media Connect 2.0, use the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
|Windows Media Connect 1.0||August 16, 2004|
|Windows Media Connect 2.0||October 10, 2005|
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
ID do Artigo: 909993 - Última Revisão: 20/06/2014 - Revisão: 1