- The version of Groove that you are running is too old.
- Your organization has not enabled this feature.
Password recovery was available in managed Groove domains as early as Groove Workspace 2.0. However, the current password-reset facility for individual Groove purchasers was added in Groove Virtual Office 3.0f. If you are running Groove Virtual Office 3.0e or an earlier version of Groove, and you are not using a managed identity on a managed device in a Groove domain that has password recovery enabled, the Forgot your password or
Forgot your passphrase link will not be present. If the link is not present, and you cannot remember your password, you cannot access your account or its data. You must create a new account.
Tips for creating a new accountThe new account should have a slightly different name from your lost account so that your contacts can distinguish the valid account from the invalid one. For clarity, you may want to use the creation date in the name. For example you may want to use the following for your new account:
- Old account: Katie Jordan
- New account: Katie Jordan (November 2006)
For more information about how to delete a Groove account if you can no longer log on to it, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Delete the inaccessible account.
For more information about how to delete the inaccessible account, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:916375 How to delete a Groove account when you can no longer log on to it
- If you have Groove Virtual Office or Groove Workspace, and you purchased a product license directly from Groove Networks, log on your Groove Web account, click My Software, revoke the license from your deleted account, and then reissue the license for a new account. If you do not have a paid license, go to step 3. For more information about how to revoke and then reissue the license, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:916374 How to revoke and then reissue licenses that you obtained from the Groove Store
- Restart Groove, and then create a new account. Use the activation key from the Web page. Make sure that you use a name that differs from the name that you used for the invalid account.
- Contact a member of each of your workspaces to ask them to invite your new account to that workspace.
- If you were the only manager in one of these workspaces, you must make a copy of the workspace, and then invite other Groove users to the copy.For more information about how to recover when no current member of a workspace has the role of manager, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:907878 When the only manager of a Groove workspace leaves the workspace, no one can perform the actions that are restricted to the role of manager
- Tell everyone with whom you use Groove about your account name change.
ID do Artigo: 917162 - Última Revisão: 18/10/2007 - Revisão: 1