Existing subscribers will continue to be supported throughout the term of their subscriptions. Existing subscribers can reinstall by following the steps to download a trial, and can still add a PC to their existing OneCare circle.
Windows Live OneCare is no longer available for sale
Learn more about end of sale for OneCare.
On September 29th 2009, Microsoft introduced Microsoft Security Essentials, a FREE consumer anti-malware solution for Genuine Windows based PCs.
Learn more about Microsoft Security Essentials or download from Microsoft directly at: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx.
Method 1: Remove third-party antivirus programs and firewall programs
To remove third-party antivirus programs and firewall programs, follow these steps.
Important This article contains information that shows you how to help lower security settings or how to turn off security features on a computer. You can make these changes to work around a specific problem. Before you make these changes, we recommend that you evaluate the risks that are associated with implementing this workaround in your particular environment. If you implement this workaround, take any appropriate additional steps to help protect the computer.Warning This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Under Currently installed programs, locate any third-party antivirus programs or firewall programs.
- Click the program, and then click Remove.
- Repeat step 3 for any additional third-party antivirus programs or firewall programs.
- Restart the computer.
Reinstall Windows Live OneCare.
Method 2: Remove the OneCare Firewall components and reinstall OneCare
- Visit the following Web site to download and install the firewall cleanup utility:
- Run the utility to remove OneCare firewall components.
- Restart the computer, and then reinstall Windows Live OneCare.
Method 3: Run the WMIC/MOFCOMP steps
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK. The cmd.exe window opens.
- Select and then copy the following command because it is format-sensitive: wmic /NAMESPACE:\\root path "__namespace.name='wmi'" delete
- Right-click in the cmd.exe window, click Paste, and then press ENTER.Note You may receive an error message when you run this command on Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. If you receive an error message, continue with the rest of the steps in this section.
- After you run the command in step 2, select and then copy the following command: mofcomp %windir%\system32\wbem\wmi.mof
- Right-click in the cmd.exe window, click Paste, and then press ENTER.
- After you run the commands successfully, restart the computer, and then reinstall Windows Live OneCare.
ID do Artigo: 930159 - Última Revisão: 11/04/2013 - Revisão: 1