- Your computer automatically restarts.
- After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft WindowsIf the error message still appears, and if you want to see the data that the error report contains, click the click here link at the bottom of the message box. Then, you see error signature information that may resemble the following:
The system has recovered from a serious error.
A log of this error has been created.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
BCCode : 0000008E BCP1 : c0000005 BCP2 : f83ef720 BCP3 : a91e8844 BCP4 : 0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
- You receive the following "Stop" error message: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
Technical information:*** STOP: 0x0000008E (c0000005, f83ef720, a91e8844, 0) KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)
- An event ID 1003 entry with information that resembles the following is logged in the System log: Date: date
Error Time: time
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error code 0000008E, c0000005, f83ef720, a91e8844, 0. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E 0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er 0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code 0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 35 000008E 0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param 0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 66 66 eters ff 0030: 66 66 66 66 64 31 2c
- The symptoms of a Stop error vary according to your computer's system failure options. For more information about how to configure system failure options, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:307973 How to configure system failure and recovery options in Windows
- Four parameters (BCP1, BCP2, BCP3, and BCP4) are included in the error signature information and in the parentheses of the technical information for the Stop error. These parameters may vary according to the computer's configuration.
- Not all Stop 0x0000008E errors are caused by the problem that is described in this article.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:834450 "Stop 0x0000008E" error message in Win32k.sys when you use the keyboard to access a program menu in Windows XP
- The parameter values in this error message may vary according to your computer's configuration. However, in this particular instance, the first parameter is always "C0000005."
Update informationTo resolve this problem, install update 930916 by using Microsoft Update or the Microsoft Download Center. To use Microsoft Update, visit the following Microsoft Web site: The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Update for Windows XP (KB930916) package now.
Release Date: April 24, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesYou have to install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 before you install this update.
Restart requirementYou must restart your computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update does not replace any other previously released updates.
To use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThe English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Windows XP, 32-bit version
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||SP requirement||Service branch|
ID do Artigo: 930916 - Última Revisão: 21/06/2014 - Revisão: 1