- To search for common configuration errors
- To discover and to diagnose problems
- To collect data for archiving
There are two additional prerequisites for using the GPDBPA tool:
- The Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 or a later version must be installed on the computer on which the GPDBPA tool is installed.
- The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service must be running on the environment's domain controllers.
The GPDBPA tool is a stand-alone program that an administrator can run from a Windows Server 2003-based system or from a Windows XP-based system. You can use the tool to do the following:
- Perform a proactive health check on the Group Policy environment to detect common configuration errors that frequently generate support incidents.
- Collect diagnostic information and initial data from an environment, and then automate some analysis of that data.
- Obtain a snapshot of the Group Policy configuration for archiving. This data may be a useful reference if a future problem occurs.
To obtain the GPDBPA toolTo obtain the command-line version and the graphical user interface (GUI) version of the GPDBPA tool, download the .exe file from the following Microsoft download sites:
- Windows Server 2003 x86 editionhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=47F11B02-8EE4-450B-BF13-880B91BA4566
- Windows Server 2003 x64 editionhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=70E0EDEC-66F7-4499-83B7-4F2009DF2314
- Windows XP x86 editionhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=70E4A971-DA91-4D4F-BF92-5C75A84F3742
- Windows XP x64 editionhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=317C372C-0FE3-4AD0-BE52-2FF3004DAEF0
ID do Artigo: 940122 - Última Revisão: 04/01/2008 - Revisão: 1