Existing subscribers will continue to be supported throughout the term of their subscriptions. Existing subscribers can reinstall by following the steps to download a trial, and can still add a PC to their existing OneCare circle.
Windows Live OneCare is no longer available for sale
Learn more about end of sale for OneCare.
On September 29th 2009, Microsoft introduced Microsoft Security Essentials, a FREE consumer anti-malware solution for Genuine Windows based PCs.
Learn more about Microsoft Security Essentials or download from Microsoft directly at: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx.
How to disable firewall, antispyware, or antivirus programsTo disable a firewall, antispyware, or antivirus program, right-click the appropriate icon for the firewall, antispyware, or antivirus program in the notification area on the taskbar. Then, click Exit or click Disable.
Note For more information about how to disable a firewall, antispyware, or antivirus program, see the program documentation.
How to uninstall firewall, antispyware, or antivirus programs
- In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER
In Windows Vista, click Start, type appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In the list of installed programs, locate and then click the program in question, and then click Remove.
- Restart the computer.
- The Microsoft Windows firewall helps protect the computer after you uninstall the previous antivirus or firewall programs until you install Windows Live OneCare. To avoid firewall conflicts, Windows Live OneCare disables the Windows XP firewall during installation.
- If you use another antispyware program together with Windows Live OneCare, we recommend that you disable real-time scanning in the other program. For more information, see the program documentation.
- If your antivirus program is disabled or if you do not have one installed, do not download or open files from sources that you do not trust. Additionally, do not visit Web sites that you do not trust and do not open e-mail attachments.
ID do Artigo: 944180 - Última Revisão: 11/04/2013 - Revisão: 1