- Performance is slow, or the 2007 Office application may stop responding for several minutes.
- You are repeatedly prompted for authentication even when correct credentials are supplied. This can occur for users who have ReadOnly permissions to a document on a Microsoft SharePoint 2003 server.
- You lose session state. Then, you are redirected to a logon page or to an error page on the Web site.
- The document is downloaded two times. When the files are large, the download process consumes more network bandwidth.
This article helps you fix the problem.
For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Enable the hotfix by configuring the UseWinINETCopy registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Internet
- On the Edit menu, point to
New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type UseWinINETCopy, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click UseWinINETCopy, and then click
- In the Value data box, type
1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
When you try to open a document from a hyperlink, 2007 Office applications may request that the Windows WebDAV Client try to author the document at the URL location. However, if the authoring attempt is not expected on certain Web servers or in certain situations, the symptoms that are mentioned in the "Problem description" section may occur.
ID do Artigo: 955375 - Última Revisão: 05/09/2013 - Revisão: 1