- Back up the content for all the AD LDS instances on the computer that you want to upgrade. To do this, use one of the following tools:
- The personal backup system of an independent software vendor (ISV) application
- Uninstall all the AD LDS instances. For more information about how to uninstall AD LDS instances, click the following link:
- Uninstall the AD LDS binaries. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate Control Panel, select Programs, click Programs and Features, and then click View installed updates.
- Select Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service for Windows Vista.
- Click Uninstall.
- Use the standard upgrade procedure to upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7.
- Download and install AD LDS for Windows 7 after the operating system upgrade is complete. For more information about how to download and install AD LDS for Windows 7, click the following link:
- Install an AD LDS instance and restore the data. For more information about how to use the Dsdbutil.exe tool to restore data in AD LDS instances, click the following link:
Note You can post your questions and feedback to the Active Directory newsgroup at the following link: For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID do Artigo: 968257 - Última Revisão: 13/10/2010 - Revisão: 1