Error at Data Flow Task [OLE DB Source ]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21.
Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0202009 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)
Note This problem does not occur in SQL Server 2005.
Cumulative update information
The release version of SQL Server 2008Important You must install this cumulative update package if your computer is running the release version of SQL Server 2008.
The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 5. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1Important You must install this cumulative update package if your computer is running SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1.
The fix for this issue was also later released in Cumulative Update 3 for SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1. For more information about this cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
This hotfix changes the behavior of the OLE DB source in SSIS to request the DBPROP_IDENTIFIERCASE property. After you apply this fix, SSIS ignores the failure of the DBPROP_IDENTIFIERCASE property. Instead, SSIS uses a default value for the identifiers. After you apply this hotfix, if the OLE DB provider does not implement the property, the identifiers are case-sensitive by default.
TroubleshootingTo make sure that you are encountering this problem, follow these steps:
- Download and install the OLE DB Rowset Viewer Sample tool. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
- Start Rowset Viewer.
- On the File menu, click Full Connect.
- Select the provider, the source, the login, and the other connection string attributes. Then, click OK.
- After the connection is successfully completed, on the DataSource menu, point to IDBPProperties, and then click GetProperties.
- In the PropSet list, select DBPROPSET_DATASOURCEINFO.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- In SQL Server 2008 BIDS, create a new SSIS package.
- Add a Data Flow task to the package.
- Add an OLE DB Source component in the Data Flow task.
- Configure Connection Manager to use an OLE DB provider that does not support the DBPROP_IDENTIFIERCASE property.
- Select a table, a view, or a SQL command, and then provide the required object name or SQL command.
- In the left pane, click the Columns tab.
ID do Artigo: 969793 - Última Revisão: 21/07/2009 - Revisão: 1