- Make sure that PowerPoint is installed on the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run.
- Type powerpnt.exe
in the Open box, and then press the Enter key or click the OK button.
If PowerPoint 2007 is not installed, you receive the following error message:
'Windows cannot find 'powerpnt.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
- If PowerPoint 2007 is installed on your computer, you have to associate the PowerPoint file name extensions with powerpnt.exe.
Note The following file name extensions are PowerPoint file types: PPT, PPS, POT, PPTX, PPSX, POTX, PPTXML, POTHTML, POTM, PPA, PPAM.
To have us associate the file types for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. To associate the file types yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To associate the file types automatically, click the
Fix it button or link. Click
File Downloaddialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
Note this wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note if you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Next, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo associate PowerPoint file types, follow these steps:
Windows XP and earlier versions of Microsoft Windows
- Right-click Start, and then click Explore or Control Panel.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- On the File Types tab, search for the file type and the extension of the file that you want to open in the File Types list. If it exists, select the file type.
- In the lower half of the Files Types tab, note the program that is associated with that file type, and then perform one of the following actions:
- If you must change the association, click Change, and then select the correct association.
- If the file type does not exist, click Add. In the file association dialog box, enter the file type. Then, select PowerPoint 2007 as the program that you want to associate with the file.
- Click Apply, and then click OK to save your changes.
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
Note The next steps document Control Panel in Classic View. To access this view, click Classic View in the left pane.
- Double-click Default Programs, and then click the Associate File Type or Protocol with a Program option.
- In the File Types list, search for the file type and the extension of the file that you want to open. If it exists, select the file type.
- Click Change Program:
- Select Microsoft Office PowerPoint, if it is in the list.
If it is not in the list, click Browse, and then locate the file path for the program.
Note By default, PowerPoint 2007 is installed in the following location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Powerpnt.exe.
- Click OK , and then close any remaining windows.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the file types are associated. If the file types are associated, you are finished with this article. If the file types are not associated, you can contact support.
ID do Artigo: 971603 - Última Revisão: 12/09/2011 - Revisão: 1