This problem occurs if one of the following conditions is true:
- The file exceeds the maximum compressed file size.
- The file exceeds the maximum uncompressed file size.
Steps to enable the feature
- Install Forefront Security for SharePoint Service Pack 3.
- Add the "SkipLargeCompressedFileDeletion" DWORD registry key entry and set the value to 1. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Run box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Sharepoint
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type SkipLargeCompressedFileDeletion, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click SkipLargeCompressedFileDeletion for the name of the DWORD, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Activate the new settings. To do this, do one of the following:
- In the Forefront Server Security Administrator client, click SETTINGS , and then click General Options. Change and save a general option setting. Then revert the setting to the original setting.Note The registry settings are re-read when any of the general options is changed.
- Restart the FSCController service from the Services panel. To do this, click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK. In the list of services, right-click FSCController, and then click Restart.
- In the Forefront Server Security Administrator client, click SETTINGS , and then click General Options. Change and save a general option setting. Then revert the setting to the original setting.
If there is a large compressed file that exceeds either the maximum compressed file size or the maximum uncompressed file size, the following statements are true:
- When both settings are enabled, the file will bypass scanning. It will be reported as either "Exceedingly Compressed Size" or "Large Uncompressed Size" respectively in Forefront Security for SharePoint logs and reports.
- When the "SkipLargeCompressedFileDeletion" registry value is not enabled and the "Delete Corrupted Compressed Files" General Option is enabled, Forefront Security for SharePoint will detect the file as CorruptedCompressedFile and delete it.
- When neither feature is enabled, no deletion will occur.
- Maximum compressed file size: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Sharepoint\MaxCompressedSize
- Maximum uncompressed file size (not present by default, but hard-coded at 100MB): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Forefront Server Security\Sharepoint\MaxUnCompressedFileSize
ID do Artigo: 972072 - Última Revisão: 01/07/2009 - Revisão: 1