- Some or all Active Server Pages (ASP) pages stop responding (hang) or cause 100 percent CPU utilization when they run in Medium or High application protection.
- The same ASP pages will work if the Web site is placed in Low application protection (for example, the Inetinfo.exe process).
- If you click Start, point to Programs, click Administrative tools, and then click Component Services, it does not open.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Open registry editor, locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3, and then delete this key.
- From the Start menu, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Proceed through the wizard, and accept all of the defaults.
- Restart the computer.
ID articol: 301919 - Ultima examinare: 15 mar. 2008 - Revizie: 1