When you use an ODBC DSN entry to externally store the connection string values, simplify the information that is needed in the connection string. When you do this, changes are made to the data source that are completely transparent to the code. This article describes how to create a system data source name in Windows XP.
- Click Start, point to Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Data Sources(ODBC).
- Click the System DSN tab, and then click Add.
- Click the database driver that corresponds with the database type to which you are connecting, and then click Finish.
- Type the data source name. Make sure that you choose a name that you can remember. You will need to use this name later.
- Click Select.
- Click the correct database, and then click OK.
- Click OK, and then click OK.
ID articol: 305599 - Ultima examinare: 21 oct. 2008 - Revizie: 1