Riched32.dll, which implements Rich Edit version 1.0
- Addresses localization issues with different builds for different languages.
- Both of the following applications use this version:
- The Microsoft Foundation Classes CRichEditCtrl class (in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and earlier).
- Microsoft Visual Basic Rich Text Box control (in Visual Basic 6.0 and earlier).
Riched20.dll, which implements Rich Edit version 2.0.
- Contains Rich Edit version 3.0 in later versions of the DLL.
- Is language-independent.
- New applications should use version 2.0 or later.
- You can update versions that do not support version 3.0 by installing the Windows Installer 2.0 redistributable.
Compatibility Problems on Systems Running Windows 2000 and LaterYou may experience compatibility problems on systems that run Windows 2000 and later in the following circumstances:
- You run applications that use the Rich Edit version 1.0 control.
- Riched32.dll (a stub DLL) registers the RICHEDIT window class and loads Riched20.dll.
- Riched20.dll emulates the Rich Edit version 1.0 control through Rich Edit version 3.0. This emulation may cause the compatibility problems.
Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows MeWindows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000
ID articol: 308310 - Ultima examinare: 5 dec. 2008 - Revizie: 1