Error- Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is correct and the destination system.adm.
- You do not have the appropriate permissions.
- There are network connectivity issues.
- You did not install File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks.
- The Server service is stopped on the client computer.
- The Admin$ share does not exist on the client computer.
- Verify that both the computer and the administrators have full control at each point in the file folder. Start with the Admin$ share, which maps to the %SystemRoot%\Winnt folder by default.
- Install File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. To do so:
- Right click My Network Places, and then click Properties.
- Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
- Click to select the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks check box, and then click OK.
- Verify that the Server service is started. To do so:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
- Click Services and Applications.
- Click Services.
- Navigate to the Server service, and then verify that the status is listed as "Started."
- Verify that the Admin$ share is enabled. This share is enabled by default as a part of the Administrative shares. To verify that the Administrative shares are enabled, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:245117 Administrative Shares Do Not Appear on Server
If the Resultant Set of Policy utility cannot make the connection using the Admin$ sharepoint, the utility tries to use local file paths to load its local copies of the .adm files. Therefore, the error message that is described in the "Summary" section of this article is informational and it does not affect the performance of the Resultant Set of Policy utility.
ID articol: 309410 - Ultima examinare: 30 oct. 2006 - Revizie: 1