- Cumulative updates are now available at the Microsoft Download Center.
- Only the most recent cumulative update that was released for SQL Server SP3 is available at the Download Center.
- All fixes that are described in this article will be included in all future SP3 cumulative updates.
If the download page does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
Note After future CUs are released for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3, this CU can be downloaded from the Microsoft Windows Update Catalog. However, we recommend that you install the latest CU that's available.
- Each new Cumulative Update (CU) contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version/Service Pack of SQL Server.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available:
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs, and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
- Just as for SQL Server service packs, we recommend that you test CUs before you deploy them to production environments.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server installation to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
Note If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (requires a service restart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
Note If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog, see the information about SSIS with AlwaysOn for more information about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments.
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP3.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- Announcing updates to the SQL Server Incremental Servicing Model (ISM)
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.
ID articol: 3123299 - Ultima examinare: 29 nov. 2016 - Revizie: 1