To work around this problem, depending on the source of the error, you can use any one of the following methods:
- Restart the computer and see if you are able to run the setup. If the restart does not help, use the steps that follow.
- Perform these steps and then run the SQL Server 2000 setup again:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open dialog box, type: "Regedit" (without the quotation marks) or "Regedt32" (without the quotation marks)
- Click OK.
NOTE: Please make sure that you only delete the value mentioned, not the whole session manager key.
- In Registry Editor, expand the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
- On the File menu, click Export.
NOTE: In Microsoft Windows 2000, click Export Registry File from the Registry menu.
- In the File name text box, type: "Session Manager Key" (without the quotation marks)
- Click Save.
- In the right-pane of the Registry Editor window, right-click PendingFileRenameOperations. On the shortcut menu that appears, click Delete.
- In the Confirm Value Delete message dialog box that appears, click Yes.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
NOTE: In Windows 2000, click Exit on the Registry menu.
- Restart the computer.
- Using the Registry Editor, verify that the PendingFileRenameOperations registry value is not available.
Note The PendingFileRenameOperations registry value may be re-created when you restart the computer. If the registry values are re-created, delete the PendingFileRenameOperations registry value again by completing steps a through j, and then run SQL Server 2000 Setup. Do not restart the computer before you run SQL Server 2000 Setup.
- Check other control set keys (for example, ControlSet001, ControlSet002, and so forth) for the same values and also delete them.
- Identify the virtual memory settings on the computer. If the paging file is too small or if there is no paging file, this error message may occur at startup: Limited Virtual Memory Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too small.If the error message occurs, determine the placement of the paging file from the virtual memory settings and give that drive full permissions for the system account.
ID articol: 312995 - Ultima examinare: 22 iun. 2014 - Revizie: 1