The values that you specify for this attribute are the attributes other than the default attributes that you want to dump. Note that the values that you specify are the name for this attribute. The dumpDatabase feature first checks that you have enough rights for dumping the database. It then dumps the database into the Ntds.dmp file. The Ntds.dmp file is located in the same folder as the database file (.dit). The default attributes are:
Usage Example: Investigate an SPN Issue with Conflicting CNF or Deleted DEL Attributes
- Start Ldp.exe on the domain controller that is logging the NTDS event 1645.
- Connect locally, and then bind as an Enterprise administrator.
- Click Modify on the Browse menu.
- Edit for Attribute: dumpdatabase.
- Edit for Values: name ncname objectclass objectguid instancetype. You must leave one space between the attributes.
- Click Enter. The Entry List box contains the following entry:[Add]dumpdatabase: name ncname objectclass objectguid instancetype
- Click the Extended and Run options.
- The %systemroot%\NTDS\Ntds.dmp file is created, or you receive an error message in Ldp.exe that you must investigate.
You can also get this triggered using a LDIFDE import file "dump-db.txt" like:
Dumpdatabase: name ncname objectclass objectguid instancetype
To import the file with LDIFDE use a command line like:
ldifde /s <targetserver> /i /f dump-db.txt
Using the output:
The Ntds.dmp file is a text file. Look for the conflicting or deleted GUID that was reported in event 1645 to see the internal reference mismatch.
Sample Dump FileThe following sample shows that the CROSSREF object for domain PDT is pointing to a wrong object that has already been deleted:
The internal reference points to 3947, although it should point to the new 3958 object for dc=pdt,dc=net.
3953 2326 true 3 1 0 - 1163 - 4
3947 196619 56.6E.52.8A.2E.B4.00.43.BE.B1.B3.57.91.AD.F5.BE PDT
3947 1161 false 1376281 2 0 2001-08-04 11:02.47 - -
- - - 9E.4C.AB.126.96.36.199B.4F.A0.31.59.D5.C2.74.68.F2 pdt
3958 1161 false 1376281 3 0 2001-08-04 23:02.47 - -
- - - 85.0B.3B.A1.EC.188.8.131.52E.D0.FF.F6.66.BA.FB.84 pdt
You may resolve this issue with the semantic checker of the latest version of the Ntdsutil.exe tool.
ID articol: 315098 - Ultima examinare: 17 mar. 2017 - Revizie: 3