To clean up a damaged COM+ catalog, follow these steps.
Note These steps are applicable to the operating systems that are mentioned in the "applies to" section. These steps do not apply to Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows 7.
- Rename the %WinDir%\System32\Clbcatq.dll file to %WinDir%\System32\~Clbcatq.dll. Make sure that you include the tilde (~) at the start of the file name.
- Stop the COM+ Event System service and set the Startup type to Manual or Disabled to prevent it from starting on restart. For more information about the COM+ Event System service, please visit the following Microsoft TechNet Web site:
- Restart the computer.
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate and delete the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3
- At a command prompt, type cd %windir%, and then press ENTER.
- At a command prompt, type rmdir /s Registration, and then press ENTER. This is the location folder of the registration database.
Note If you have MS04-012 installed, you must now re-install MS04-012. For more information about security update MS04-012, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:828741 MS04-012: Cumulative Update for Microsoft RPC/DCOM
- Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Next to go through the reinstallation process, to reinstall COM+.
- If IIS is installed on the computer, IIS creates several COM+ applications. These applications will now be missing. To re-create these applications, run the following command at a command prompt: rundll32 %windir%\system32\inetsrv\wamreg.dll, CreateIISPackage
ID articol: 315296 - Ultima examinare: 9 sept. 2009 - Revizie: 1