NOTE: This version of the ActivePython installer is a special version of the Python language interpreter that is designed to work under Windows and that has additional Windows specific extensions.
ActivePython version numbers use the same version numbering system of the main Python distribution package. Additionally, ActivePython gives a "build" number, which indicates the specific build (which typically includes new features, enhancements, and bug fixes). For example, the full ActivePython distribution package may be referred to as ActivePython 2.2.0 Build 221. Microsoft recommends that you always select the latest stable build of the ActivePython distribution package.
- Log on to the Web server computer as an administrator.
- Download the ActivePython installer from the following Web site:
- Double-click the ActivePython installer.
- After the installer confirms the version of ActivePython that it is going to be installed, click Next.
- If you agree with the terms of the license agreement, click I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next. If you click I do not accept the terms in the license agreement, you cannot continue the installation.
- To install the full ActivePython distribution package (this step is recommended), click Typical, and then click Next to continue the installation. The software is installed in the default location (typically C:\Python plus the version number -- for example, C:\Python22).
- To customize the individual components or to change the installation folder, click Custom, click Next, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- After the installation has completed, click Finish.
Start, point to Programs, point to ActiveState ActivePython X.X (where X.X is the version number), and then click ActivePython Documentation. The documentation is in the form of an HTML Help document, of which you can browse, search, and bookmark different sections.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to ActiveState ActivePython X.X (where X.X is the version number), and then click Python Interactive Shell.
- To quit the interactive shell, press CTRL+Z, and then press ENTER.
ID articol: 323963 - Ultima examinare: 2 dec. 2008 - Revizie: 1