For example, during a problem like this, you may receive the following error message:
For each protected volume, you can retain the overlay information in either of the following ways:
- In a disk overlay on a predesignated disk partition that is known as the EWF volume. With a disk overlay, the information is retained after you restart the computer.
- In RAM overlay, which uses system memory. All overlay information is lost when you shut down or restart the target computer.
The following methods can help avoid memory-related problems on RAM-based EWF:
- In the Enhanced Write Filter component in your configuration, on the EWF Configuration Setting tab, click the Use Less Overlay Space and less Writes check box.
- Rule out any unnecessary disk I/O (especially write requests).
- Make sure that the disk defragmenting tool is not running in the background.
ID articol: 328620 - Ultima examinare: 29 oct. 2008 - Revizie: 1