- Your computer has one gigabyte (GB) or more of RAM.
- Your computer is running multiple processes that create a high-stress condition.
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 330909 package now.
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
17-Dec-2002 18:32 188.8.131.52 24,576 Xpsp1hfm.exe
12-Dec-2002 22:08 5.1.2600.108 1,848,320 Ntkrnlmp.exe
12-Dec-2002 22:09 5.1.2600.108 1,902,080 Ntkrnlpa.exe
12-Dec-2002 22:09 5.1.2600.108 1,874,944 Ntkrpamp.exe
12-Dec-2002 22:08 5.1.2600.108 1,879,936 Ntoskrnl.exe
30-Jan-2003 21:06 5.1.2600.1159 1,892,352 Ntkrnlmp.exe
30-Jan-2003 21:06 5.1.2600.1159 1,948,288 Ntkrnlpa.exe
30-Jan-2003 21:06 5.1.2600.1159 1,921,024 Ntkrpamp.exe
30-Jan-2003 21:06 5.1.2600.1159 1,924,480 Ntoskrnl.exe
Note It is still possible to experience a hibernation problem after you install this fix if the memory becomes highly fragmented. The speed at which this problem manifests is dependent on the software that you run and your particular usage model.
- Make sure that you have the Symchk.exe utility. If you do not, the utility is available in Debugging Tools for Windows. To obtain the utility, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Extract the hotfix to a temporary folder. To do this, use the following command: q330909_wxp_sp2_x86_enu.exe –x:\temp\q330909 –u
- Call Symchk.exe to download the symbols. To do this, use the following command: symchk /r \temp\Q330909/* /s SRV*\temp\Q330909symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbolsIn this example, the symbols are located in the Temp\Q330909symbols folder.
ID articol: 330909 - Ultima examinare: 15 feb. 2008 - Revizie: 1