- ISA Server Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- The ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003 package
Upgrading from Servers Running Windows 2000Microsoft recommends that you install ISA Server, ISA Server SP1, and the ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003 package on the Windows 2000-based ISA Server computer before you upgrade to Windows Server 2003.
To upgrade a computer running Windows 2000, follow these steps:
- Install ISA Server.
- Download and install ISA Server SP1.
After the installation of SP1 completes, you must restart the computer. For information about how to obtain ISA Server SP1, visit the following Web site:
- After the computer restarts, download and install the ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003 package.
For information about how to obtain the ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003, view the "ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003" section of this article.
- Upgrade to Windows Server 2003.
Installing ISA Server on Servers Running Windows Server 2003You can also install ISA Server after you upgrade to Windows Server 2003. However, the packet filter extension driver in the release version of ISA Server is incompatible with Windows Server 2003, and it is blocked from loading during installation. During installation, you can safely ignore all error messages that are related to this issue because ISA Server SP1 includes a compatibility fix for the driver. After you install ISA Server, the incompatible software services do not start. You must then apply ISA Server SP1 to implement the driver fix. After you install ISA Server SP1, you must install the ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003 package.
Before you install ISA Server on a computer running Windows Server 2003, make sure that the computer is disconnected from the Internet. The computer must remain disconnected from the Internet until you successfully complete all the following steps. After that, you can safely connect the computer to the Internet.
Note Do not remove (uninstall) ISA Server before you install ISA Server SP1. If you have to remove ISA Server, you must wait until you have completed your installation of ISA Server SP1.
To install ISA Server on Windows Server 2003, follow these steps:
- Start the ISA Server Setup process. You receive the following message:
- Click Continue. When Setup completes the installation of ISA Server, you receive the following message in the notification area:
- When Setup is complete, you receive the following message:
- Download and install ISA Server SP1. After you install SP1, you must restart the ISA Server computer.
- After the computer restarts, download and install the ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003 package. To obtain this update, view the "ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003" section of this article.
Running ISA Server 120-Day Trial Software on Windows Server 2003The ISA Server 120-day trial program is currently only supported on Windows 2000-based servers. You must remove the ISA Server trial program from any server running Windows 2000 before you upgrade to Windows Server 2003.
Known Issues That Occur When Running ISA Server on Windows Server 2003
- When you run ISA Server 2000 and Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0 (IIS) on the same computer, you may experience issues with the ISA Server Web proxy service (W3proxy). By default, IIS listens on all IP addresses. This prevents W3proxy from binding to port 80 for Web publishing. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Install the Windows Server 2003 Support Tools (included with Windows Server 2003), and then locate the Httpcfg.exe file.
- Run the Httpcfg.exe utility to configure HTTP.sys to stop listening on all IP addresses. To do this, type httpcfg delete iplisten -i 0.0.0.0 at a command prompt.
- Configure HTTP.sys to listen only on the specified IP address (usually the internal IP address of ISA Server) by typing
httpcfg set iplisten -i
ip-address at a command prompt.
- Stop the IIS HTTP service by typing net stop http at a command prompt.
- Stop the ISA Server Web proxy service by typing
net stop w3proxy at a command prompt.
- Restart the IIS HTTP service by typing net start http at a command prompt.
- Restart any related IIS services. For example, type
net start "World Wide Web Publishing Service".
- Restart the ISA Server Web proxy service by typing
net start w3proxy at a command prompt.
- ISA Server digest authentication may not function when it is run with a Windows Server 2003 domain. On the Windows Server 2003 domain controller, you have to register Iissuba.dll. By default, this file is not registered on Windows Server 2003. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start a command prompt.
- Type Rundll32 iissuba.dll, RegisterIISSUBA on each Windows Server 2003 domain controller.
Note This command is case-sensitive.
- You cannot run the ISA Server Security Configuration Wizard in Dedicated mode unless the computer is a member of a domain.
- Remote client connections may be unsuccessful when they send requests to ISA Server computers configured as a Network Load Balancing cluster that has a virtual IP address (VIP) on the external interface. This problem occurs if there are multiple VIPs on the internal interface, and if the
UseISAAddressInPublishing registry key that is described in the followng Microsoft Knowledge Base article is used:311777 How to Enable Translating Client Source Address in Server PublishingTraffic sent from the ISA Server internal interface to the published server originates from one of the internal VIPs and not an individual firewall's device IP address. The problem occurs because reply traffic is load-balanced and may be sent to a firewall that does not have a context for the connection. This traffic is dropped and will never return to the remote client. This results in a connection failure.
- When you install ISA Server, view reports, or read the ISA Server online help, you may receive the following message: To prevent this message from appearing, click to select the In the future, do not show this message check box, and then click OK.
ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the ISA Server 2000 Required Updates for Windows Server 2003 package now.
Release Date: April 23, 2003
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The English version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File nameNote Because of file dependencies, this update requires ISA Server 2000 SP1.
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 8,976 Bwcpmon.dll
14-Feb-2003 01:41 3.0.1200.255 30,992 Bwserver.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 60,688 Fltrsnk1.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 85,264 H323fltr.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 5,904 Hfperf.dll
28-Feb-2003 21:23 3.0.1200.255 34,064 Hotfix_res.dll
16-Feb-2003 19:47 3.0.1200.255 5,904 Hotfix_utl.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:22 3.0.1200.255 1,821,968 Msfpccom.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:23 3.0.1200.255 2,570,000 Msfpcsnp.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 178,448 Mspadmin.exe
11-Feb-2003 23:23 3.0.1200.255 41,296 Mspfltex.sys
11-Feb-2003 23:23 3.0.1200.255 101,136 Msphlpr.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:23 3.0.1200.255 16,656 Mspmon.dll
05-Feb-2003 21:28 3.0.1200.255 501 Os.map
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 34,064 Socksflt.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 6,416 Socksprf.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:23 3.0.1200.255 390,928 W3proxy.exe
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 6,928 Wspperf.dll
11-Feb-2003 23:24 3.0.1200.255 298,768 Wspsrv.exe
For additional information about how to obtain the latest ISA Server 2000 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID articol: 331062 - Ultima examinare: 13 nov. 2008 - Revizie: 1