How to Back Up to Removable Media Device Using Microsoft Backup
This article was previously published under Q188575
If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
The Microsoft Backup tool included with Windows 98 includes support forremovable media devices. You can back up to these devices, and spanmultiple removable media if the full backup set does not fit on only one.
To back up to a removable media device, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Backup.
- Select the files you want to back up.
- In the Where To Back Up box, click File.
- In the next box, type the path for the removable media device and a file name for the backup set. For example, if your removable media device is drive letter E and you want to use the name Mybackup.qic for the file set, type: e:\mybackup.qic
- Click Start.
NOTE: After you create the backup file, you can store the file on a CD-ROM or other type of permanent media. To back up data directly to your CD-ROM burner, you must use software that is specifically designed to do so (this software is often included with the CD-ROM burner).
HWSTORE jaz zip sparq
ID articol: 188575 - Ultima examinare: 01/23/2007 15:41:10 - Revizie: 2.1
Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- kbfaq kbfaq kbhowto KB188575