When Isinteg is run at a command prompt, the following switches are available. This is also the usage display (-? switch).
Note Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server no longer uses the Isinteg -patch switch. The Isinteg -patch procedure is performed automatically when the Messaging Database (MDB) starts.
-? Usage is displayed.
-pri Check private information store (default).
-pub Check public information store.
-fix Repair information store.
-l [logfilename] Store log information in logfilename.
Default is isinteg.pri or isinteg.pub.
-patch Offline backup restore patch.
Exchange 2000 also has the following additional switch.
In Exchange 2000 you must specify the database on which you are running Isinteg (for example, isinteg -s Server1 -test allfoldertests). For more information about the Exchange 2000 version of this command, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
-s Server name.
HeaderThe following header is displayed regardless of whether a switch is provided or not:
Log FileThe log file enables you to specify the log file for output.
- Private. Database path of private DB\Isinteg.pri
- Public. Database path of public DB\Isinteg.pub
RunningWhen you run Isinteg on a computer that is running Exchange Server 2003, Isinteg first checks to see whether the MSExchangeIS service is started. If the MSExchangeIS service is not started, the following message is displayed, and Isinteg stops:
If the MSExchangeIS service is started, and the target database is still mounted, you receive the following message, and Isinteg stops:
The following tables are examined by Isinteg:
- ACL List
- ACL Member
- Cross Reference
- Deleted Folders
- Deleted Recipients
- Oof History
- Per-User Read
- PropsIn Contents
- Special Folders
- Timed Events
- Microsoft Exchange Information Store Integrity Checker v5.5.2653.22 Usage: isinteg -pri|-pub [-fix] [-detailed] [-verbose] [-l logfilename] -test testname[[, testname]...]
- -pri private store
- -pub public store
- -fix check and fix (default - check only)
- -detailed detailed mode (default - non-detailed mode)
- -verbose report verbosely
- -l filename log file name (default - .\isinteg.pri|pub)
- -t refdblocation (default - the location of the store)
- -test testname,... folder message aclitem mailbox(pri only) delfld acllist rcvfld(pri only) timedev rowcounts attach morefld oofhist(pri only) global searchq dlvrto namedprop (-detailed mode only) peruser artidx(pub only) search newsfeed(pub only) dumpsterprops fldprops
Groups tests: allfoldertests allacltests
Special tests: deleteextracolumns isinteg -patch (repair information store after an offline restore) isinteg -pri|-pub -dump [-l logfilename] (verbose dump of store data)