To resolve this behavior, use either of the following methods:
Method 1Install a DirectX 5.0 Video Adapter Driver:
Install the DirectX 5.0 video adapter driver and sound card driver from the Windows 98 CD-ROM. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click Display.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- On the Adapter tab, click Change, click Next, click "Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want," click Next, and then click Have Disk.
- Insert the Windows 98 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. If the Windows 98 screen appears, click Cancel, and then click Browse. If the Windows 98 screen does not appear, click Browse.
- In the Drivers\Display folder on the Windows 98 CD-ROM, double-click the appropriate folder for your video adapter, click OK, and then click OK again.
- Click the appropriate video adapter driver, click Next, click Next again, click Finish, and then click Yes to restart your computer.
Install DirectX 5.0 Sound Card Driver:
Contact your sound card manufacturer to inquire about the availability of an updated DirectX-compatible sound card driver.
If an updated driver is not available from the manufacturer, the latest version of DirectX may include one. To view the list of audio drivers included with the latest version of DirectX, see the following Microsoft Web site:
If your sound card is in this list, install the latest version of DirectX to obtain the updated driver.
Method 2Install the latest version of DirectX. For information about downloading and installing DirectX, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
TITLE : How to Download and Install DirectX
Номер статьи: 195217 — последний просмотр: 3 мая 2007 г. — редакция: 1