- On an Excel worksheet, type the ZIP code data in column form. For example, type the following:A1: 68820
- Select the range of the ZIP code data, and then click Cells on the Format menu.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, click Special under Category, and then click Zip Code under Type (click Zip Code+4 if you are using the nine-digit ZIP code format).
- Create a list of postal codes, as described in the Postal Code Formats section of this article.
- Select the column range of postal codes, click Object on the Insert menu, click Microsoft Map under Object type, and then click OK.
These steps create a map of the country that the postal codes belong to. You are not asked which map you want to create.
- Type the postal codes in a column, as shown earlier in this section.
- Double-click the existing Microsoft Map to activate it.
- Double-click the activated map to open the Map Features dialog box. If the postal code feature is missing, click Add, click the name of the postal code feature for the country that you are using, and then click OK.
NOTE: Even after you add the feature to the map, the selection box is unavailable (appears dimmed) and it cannot be selected.
- On the Insert menu, click Data, select the range of postal codes that you have created, and then click OK.
NOTE: You can insert only one column of geographical data at a time. ZIP codes and state names are examples of different kinds of geographical data. You cannot combine different kinds of geographic data in a single column.
- Double-click an existing map to activate the map.
- On the View menu of the activated map, click Microsoft Map Control.
- In the lower-right box of the Microsoft Map Control, double-click the Graduated symbol (the star shape).
- In the Format Properties dialog box, click the Graduated Symbol Options tab, and then click Modify Symbol.
- Click any symbol that is displayed in the Symbol dialog box.
- To change the size or color of the symbol, click Font, change the number in the Size box, and then change the color in the Color box.
NOTE: You can edit the font size so that it is a number smaller than the number that is displayed in the list.
- Click OK three times and close Microsoft Map Control.
For more information about working with maps, double-click an existing map, and then click Microsoft Map Help Topics on the Help menu.
Номер статьи: 213882 — последний просмотр: 29 апр. 2008 г. — редакция: 1