- Limit concurrent connections for each user.
- Log off remote computers when concurrent connections are reached.
- List all computers that a user is logged on to.
- List logon servers for each user.
- Show how many users are logged on to a domain controller (DC).
- Force a logoff when concurrent connections are reached.
- Enable debugging of the CConnect tool.
- Write events to the event log of a specified server about the status of the CConnect tool.
- Save all lists to a file for further examination.
- Track the last user of the computer and only limit that user from logging on to the computer if the computer was shut down incorrectly.
- Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 or later must be installed.
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.0 must be installed.
- Windows Scripting Host must be installed.
- Web Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) must be installed.
Version 2.0Version 2.0 supports Terminal Server restrictions.
Windows 2000: No requirements
LimitLogin utilityYou can also use the LimitLogin utility to limit concurrent user logins in an Active Directory domain in a Windows Server 2003, a Windows 2000, or a Windows NT 4.0 environment. The LimitLogin utility keeps track of all logon information in Active Directory domains.
The LimitLogin utility has the following capabilities:
- It can limit the number of logins for each user from any computer in the domain. This includes terminal server sessions.
- It can display the logon information about any user in the domain according to specific criteria. For example, you can use the LimitLogin utility to display all logon sessions to a specific client computer or to a specific domain controller. Additionally, you can use the utility to display all computers to which a certain user is currently logged on.
- It is easy to manage and to configure because it can integrate into the Active Directory Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-ins.
- It can remotely delete and log off user sessions from the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.
- It can generate logon information reports in either a comma-separated values (CSV) format or an XML format.
Номер статьи: 237282 — последний просмотр: 7 янв. 2008 г. — редакция: 1