Some Internet service providers (ISPs) and other e-mail gateways place limits on the size of binary attachments (a typical size limit for attachments is 500 KB-1 MB). If you need to upload or send an attachment that is larger than the size limit (for example, an .avi or .mpeg file), you can use this capability to fragment a binary attachment into smaller pieces that fit through the gateway, and then recombine the pieces on the other end.
To fragment binary attachments in Outlook Express:
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- Click the account you want to configure, click Properties, and then click Advanced.
- In the Posting area (if you are modifying a newsgroup account) or the Sending area (if you are modifying an e-mail account), click to select the break apart messages larger than check box.
- In the Edit box, type a number that is greater than 16 KB (the default size is 60 KB), and then click OK.
- Press and hold down the SHIFT key while clicking all parts of the message. You can identify the parts of the message by the parenthetical notation of (x/y) in the subject line, where y is the total number of messages and x is the offset identifier of that fragment. For example:messagetitle (1/3)
- Right-click one of the messages, and then click Combine and Decode.
- When the Order for Decoding dialog box is displayed, verify that the fragments are in the correct order and that all fragments are present in the list (you can use the Move Up and Move Down buttons if one or more fragments are out of the correct order).
- Click OK.
Номер статьи: 241256 — последний просмотр: 24 янв. 2007 г. — редакция: 1