- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 addresses the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-012. This update also resolves the following issues:
- 2489941 The "legacyExchangeDN" value is shown in the "From" field instead of the "Simple Display Name" in an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2717453 You cannot move or delete a folder by using Outlook in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2733608 Corrupted Japanese DBCS characters when you send a meeting request or post a reply to a posted item in a public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2734635 Folder-associated information (FAI) items are deleted when you run the New-InboxRule cmdlet or change Inbox rules in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2737046 AutoPreview feature does not work when you use Outlook in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2741117 High CPU utilization by Microsoft Exchange Replication service on Client Access servers in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2746030 Incorrect ExternalURL value for EWS is returned by an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server
- 2750188 Exchange Service Host service crashes when you start the service on an Exchange 2010 server
- 2751417 Synchronization fails if you sync an external device to a mailbox through EAS in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2751581 OAB generation fails with event IDs 9126, 9330, and either 9338 or 9339 in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2760999 "The signup domain 'org' derived from '<TenantDomainName>.org' is not a valid domain" error message when you use the Hybrid Configuration wizard in an Exchange Server
- 2776259 Msftefd.exe process crashes if an email attachment has an unexpected file name extension or no file name extension in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2779387 Duplicated email messages are displayed in the Sent Items folder in a EWS-based application that accesses an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2783586 Name order of a contact is displayed incorrectly after you edit the contact in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783631 User-Agent field is empty when you run the Get-ActiveSyncDeviceStatistics cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2783633 You cannot move or delete an email message that is larger than the maximum receive or send size in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783649 Private appointment is visible to a delegate in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783771 Mailbox on a mobile device is not updated when EAS is configured in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783772 Edgetransport.exe process crashes after a journal recipient receives an NDR message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2783776 You cannot perform a cross-premises search in a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 hybrid environment
- 2783782 Error message when you use Scanpst.exe on a .pst file in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2784081 Store.exe process crashes if you add certain registry keys to an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2784083 Week numbers in the Outlook Web App and Outlook calendars are mismatched in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2784093 SCOM alerts and event ID 4 in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 organization that has Update Rollup 1 or later
- 2784566 Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2787023 Exchange Mailbox Assistants service crashes when you try to change a recurring calendar item or publish free/busy data in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2788151 Empty delegates list for a cloud-based resource mailbox when you use EMC in an on-premises Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
- 2793274 A new option is available that disables the PermanentlyDelete retention action in an Exchange Server 2010 organization
- 2793278 You cannot use the search function to search for mailbox items in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2793279 Exchange Server 2010 does not restart when the Microsoft Exchange Replication service freezes
- 2793488 Internet Explorer freezes when you connect to the OWA several times in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2810616 Email message delivery is delayed on a Blackberry mobile device after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
Update rollup informationTo download and install Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, go to the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To enable you to apply this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Deploy Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to mailbox servers that are part of a DAG
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP2 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2746164.
REFERENCESFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Номер статьи: 2746164 — последний просмотр: 19 февр. 2013 г. — редакция: 1