- Enable enterprise customers to customize the default lock screen.
- Improves the performance when you wake the computer and when the computer is asleep, in order to improve battery life
- Resolves an issue that may prevent Windows Store Apps from being installed fully
- Other software updates and performance improvements
For more information about how to work around this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
This update also resolves an issue in which you cannot scan data by using a USB 3.0 scanner that is connected to a Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer. For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the updateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.