To complete these steps, you will also need to know your email address, incoming mail server name and outgoing mail server name. Plus any additional security or logon requirements. All of this will be provided by your ISP. Even though you might not use all the data, it's a good idea to double check.
After you get your new password and account setup information, you must check your email account settings and update your password.
To check the configuration of your Internet email account:
- Open the Control Panel and select Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2013).
- In the window that opens select E-mail Accounts.
- Highlight the email account you're receiving the password prompt from and click Change.
- From the information gathered from your ISP verify the User, Server and Login entries. Enter the new password that your ISP provided and check the Remember password box.
- Click Next and Outlook will automatically test your email account.
- Click Close.
- Outlook should start normally.
If the Account Settings test fails
Note: Use strong passwords that combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Passwords should be 8 or more characters in length. A pass phrase that uses 14 or more characters is better. For more information, see Help protect your personal information with strong passwords.
Need More Help?You can also get help from the Microsoft Community online, search for more information on Microsoft Support or Windows Help and How To, or learn more about Assisted Support options.
Номер статьи: 2811175 — последний просмотр: 4 сент. 2013 г. — редакция: 1