The Windows model is a little different (however, the basics concepts are the same). In Windows, files and folders can have Read and Write permissions, but these permissions are granted explicitly to individual users or groups of users instead of to the owner, the group owner, or everybody. You can also select whether to explicitly allow or deny this permission to this user or group. This model is similar to the Access Control List (ACL) model that is used by some UNIX variants. Additionally, Windows uses specific permissions to allow users to access folder content. Windows does not use Execute permissions on files. Windows uses the file name extension to determine whether a file (including script files) can be run.
The following list describes the basic rules for translating the permissions:
- The Read permission on a folder in UNIX is the same as the Read permission in Windows.
- The Write permission on a folder in UNIX is the same as the Write permission in Windows.
- The Read and Execute permissions on a file in UNIX are the same as the Read & Execute permission in Windows.
- The Write permission on a file in UNIX is the same as the Modify permission in Windows.
- The Execute permission on a folder in UNIX is the same as the List Folder Contents permission in Windows.
- The Read, Write, Execute permissions on a file or folder in UNIX is the same as the Full Control permission in Windows.
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the file or folder for which you want to edit the permissions.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- To add a new access control setting to the folder, click Add.
- Select the users, computers, or groups that this access control setting is applied to, click Add, and then click OK.
- To remove an access control setting, click Remove.
- To edit the permissions for any group, select the user or group, and then use the corresponding check boxes in the Permissions pane.
- Click OK to accept the settings, click Cancel to cancel any changes you have made, or click Apply to apply the changes without closing the file or folder properties.
Номер статьи: 324067 — последний просмотр: 16 дек. 2009 г. — редакция: 1