To have us fix this problem for you, go to the “Fix it for me” section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the “Let me fix it myself” section.
Fix this problemlink. Then click
File Downloaddialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
This problem occurs when there is an incorrect entry in the registry that is used by the Disk Cleanup utility to locate compressed files. To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click
- Type regedit in the
Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches
- On the File menu, click
Export, click Desktop, type
VolumeCaches in the File name box, and then click Save.
Note This step creates a backup of the VolumeCaches registry key. If you experience any problems after you complete the steps that are listed in this procedure, you can use this backup to restore the VolumeCaches key to its original state. To restore the key, double-click the
VolumeCaches.reg file on your desktop, and then click
- Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches
- Delete the Compress old files registry key.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Номер статьи: 812248 — последний просмотр: 23 сент. 2011 г. — редакция: 1