- SQL Server Agent jobs that use CmdExec job steps fail for no reason. Sometimes, the status of the job is set to Success although the job did not actually run.
- The xp_cmdshell statement returns a value of NULL, regardless of what command was issued.
- CmdExec job steps in Data Transformation Services (DTS) may fail without any errors.
- OLE Automation extended stored procedures, such as the sp_OACreate stored procedure, may fail with or without returning error codes.
- Out-of-process replication agents may have problems.
- The Start menu in the task bar may not open.
- Out-of-process COM objects may not function correctly.
- When you try to start Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL, Windows Task Manager does not start, and the system event log may show an error message that is similar to the following:
- any process that uses the CreateProcess Windows API may have problems.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- At a command prompt, type REGEDT32.EXE to start Registry Editor.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems
- In the right pane of Registry Editor, click
- On the Edit menu, click
- In the Edit String dialog box, locate the SharedSectionparameter string in the Value data box, and then specify a larger value for the
Note The SharedSection parameter specifies the system and desktop by using the following format, where <xxxx> defines the maximum size of the system-wide heap (in kilobytes), <yyyy> defines the size of the per desktop heap, and
<zzzz> is the size of the desktop heap for each desktop that is associated with a non-interactive Windows station:SharedSection=<xxxx>,<yyyy>,<zzzz>
- Click OK.
Номер статьи: 824422 — последний просмотр: 12 сент. 2008 г. — редакция: 1